7.11.2012

Ryan Lochte on Men's Journal


He is one to be favored in the upcoming London Olympics and probably one of the most popular names out there in swimming. But Ryan Lochte doesn't go by the books and know how to live life.

"I could get one medal or 20, and I'll be happy," the six-time Olympic medalist -- three gold, two silver, one bronze -- tells the August issue of Men's Journal.
"Swimming doesn't define who I am," Lochte, 27, explains. "I'm not going to give up anything for it. I'm still going to be exactly who I am and have fun with life. There's a lot of swimmers out there who make swimming their life, but for me, it's just a sport that I do."

"Some of the tight-asses were like, 'Oh, what the heck, that's not good, that's not good sportsmanship.' I don't show them off during the ceremony, anything like that, but it's, like, my personality coming out there. That's what the sport needs," he tells the magazine. "If we want to make the sport bigger than it is now, we have to start showing our personalities."
Lochte isn't afraid to take risks, either. "Something could go wrong driving to practice. I could get hurt in a million ways," he tells Men's Journal. "You have to take that chance."
This article originally appeared on Usmagazine.com: Olympian Ryan Lochte: "Swimming Doesn't Define Who I Am"

Makes me love him more not only as an athlete but also as a person. GO USA!!!

not using xoxo,
ChaCha

No comments:

Post a Comment