5.02.2011

Ms. Asian Pacific Islander 2003

O M G ! ! !

Kalika posted this pic last night on Facebook and I was a lil shocked. It's been years that I've done pageants and Ms. Asian Pacific islander in 2003 was probably the last one that I've joined.

Memories flash backed right away as soon as I saw the pic. I remember that I wasn't supposed to join but API was low on candidates and one of the founders persuaded me to join.

Mentally I wasn't there , I remember standing stage left waiting to get on stage as I would take deep breaths and putting on my pageantry smile but as soon as I get off stage I would just sit there staring around but my mind wasn't focused.

Kalika won the crown and I was happy for her. She worked so much for the pageant and even made her own national costume (shown in pic). She had the determination and focus but it wasn't my night.

Thanks for the pic Kalika!!!

not using xoxo,
ChaCha

... Thanks to Robert (Obet) for my recycled National Costume from her reign to my reign as Ms. Fil-Am and Asia 2002.

No comments:

Post a Comment