10.03.2011

Miss Delta Portland

I was down in Portland over the weekend for couple of events. First it was a fundraising event (ill make another entry for it) for the Roosevelt Lady Riders Women's Volleyball team and second, a good friend of ours who we call Choot-it (meaning "shoot it", a term used in volleyball where you ask for a fast set outside) is having a small get together after working for a year in China (well he is just visiting/working) mixed in with a surprise party for our friend Raspy Geisha.

On Sunday, the Lady Riders had a volleyball camp lead by Kuya (big brother) Allan and coaches and of course before driving back to Seattle we had to stop by for some good good. We all then craved some Southern food and Auntie D was on it and Yelp a good place right away.

Auntie D found this place called Miss Delta and it was the best choice!!! The place was so relaxed and cozy with minimal interiors. Brick walls, interesting painting, a bar right when you get in, it has a downstairs which I'm assuming has more sitting space and the server we had was so nice. The place definitely brings some amazing Southern food to the Pacific Northwest.

For starters (not pictured, was so hungry and forgot to take pics and we just dove in like hungry monsters)...

Hush Puppies - deep fried cornmeal batter with diced Jalapenos
Fried Okra - I don't like Okra that much but damn they were good!
Sweet Yam Fries served with Creole Mustard - OMG! It was AMAZING!!!

And then the real good stuff...


I ordered Jambalaya knowing that it has shrimp in it. I'm allergic to some seafood and shrimps are definitely one (don't worry, I only have two small pieces out of probably 10 shrimps which i shared to the rest of the group). Jambalaya is one of my favorites ever and couldn't resist to order one wherever and whenever. It was so good and definitely has that flavor that I'm looking for.


Aunty D and KK ordered some good ole fried food, Chicken and Waffles served with some maple syrup and  and Pecan butter. Of course I wouldn't say NO to Chicken so i had a bite of it and the waffles and it was just HEAVEN!!!


Kuya Allan had some Gumbo. I say, what is Southern food without any of this? And yet again I had to try it and soon as my spoon touched my lips it definitely brought me back when i visited New Orleans back in January 2010 and 2011 for a NAGVA tournament. I probably had Gumbo every night of my 5 night stay both years. LOL!


Joshie is not a big fan of seafood so he had minimal choices than the rest of us. But these Tacos was so GOOD! It's packed with everything you wish a Taco would have and soon as I had a bite I was just in a mmmmmm moment! HAHA! I even broke the deep fried taco shell too. LOL! Sorry Joshie!


And of course, what is Southern food without ordering some Beignets to finish of our meal. Quick Tip: the more powdered sugar you smolder with it, the better it taste!

I totally recommend this place if you are craving for some Southern grub and I would definitely go back when I get a chance on my next visit!

not using xoxo,
ChaCha 

No comments:

Post a Comment