3.07.2012

I left my ♥ in San Francisco

I've been lazy with blogging lately that I am so behind on things. I always tell myself that "I will blog today" but just the motivation is not there. First off, I finally found an iPhone app that puts watermarks on pictures. I've been looking for one in forever and now that I have one, I am too lazy to edit pictures which is another reason why I haven't been blogging. Not that my pictures are great because most of them are just taken from my phone but I've seen some of my pictures on other blogs before without any link back or credit.

Anyways...
I was in San Francisco couple of weeks ago for a volleyball tournemant. It is my 4th year in a row of participating on that tournament and it just never gets old. I love the Bay Area so much that everytime I have an oppurtunity to visit I would go. I have so much friends who lives there and they help my stay feel at home.

This time, I went with fellow Seattleites Grimace and Big Momma Fish. We decided to make a team the last minute since we have nothing to do. Haha! We picked up other players to fill in our team with Ginger Albatross Rich from Canada, Michael and Adam from Arizona, Dennis from Hawaii and Angry Bird Oliver from San Jose,CA
 
Like the usual, I was only able to take some pictures from my iPhone3gs. I'll grab some more pictures on my fb once I collected more tagged pictures.

I've only seen the Golden Gate from the park before the toll gates and wanted to see it from another perspective. My friend Tony and Jet took me and couple of the Seattleites to the other side overlooking the bridge. It was GORGEOUS! I can just picture the opening credits of the Charmed which I love and actually seeing it was just breathtaking.


I call this trip my trip on a budget. My trips to San Francisco has always been inexpensive since I have friends to stay in and show me around everytime. I decided to save some more money from doing carry ons instead of checking in my luggage which cost $25 per bag and I also took public transportation to and from the airport in Seattle. I can do this again!


My friend Sheona took me and Raja from Houston to an In-n-Out joint. I've had this before but Raja was a virgin and she was so excited. 1 Cheeseburger with Fries and Milkshake sealed the deal for me.


For dinner, we feasted in a Korean BBQ place to celebrate Heart's birthday. It was delicious but it wasn't Palace Korean in Seattle or Sunya in LA.


I can never get tired of this view overlooking the city from Heart and Tony's house. I love the variety of the weather which goes from cloudy just like this picture to a super clear view.

This is my "sister" JhenJhen and I when we just woke up and enjoying the view.
 
Another sister of mine Jel who lives in Chicago was there too. The last time we were together in San Francisco was about 4 years ago and it was just about time for a reunion in the Bay. We went sight seeing at Fisherman's Warf togehter with JhenJhen who took this shot for us.
 
The view of the city from Fisherman's Warf.

Tell me why did we stay here for 30 minutes just to watch the Sealions annoy each other and make their noises? Haha!

Thanks John for the picture.

We met up with other friends from Chicago who wanted to go to this dessert cafe in Little Italy. The walk was horendous from the Warf that my feet started hurting coz I was wearing my sandals but it was all worth it. I couldn't help but reminisce the first time I was in San Francisco in 2003 (?) once I saw Monalisa restaurant with my super friend John. We ate dinner there and it was delicious.

Steps of Rome Caffe is a lil dessert place filled with tons of sweet treats.

I ordered a Tiramisu combined with couple of glasses of white wine. It was SO GOOD!

We went to registration down in San Jose,CA that night. I didn't have much pictures that night coz I was a lil "tipsy" prior to getting there so I just sat on a corner hiding from humiliation. LOL!

Daddy and I at the gym.

Team Hyphy and Thai Iced Tea on Semi-finals was the match of the weekend for me. It was a showdown of Polynesians and Thai players. Amazing!!!

This was the view from our Hotel on a beautiful Monday.


We started our day with some yummy breakfast at Cafe Flora at Market St. I highly recommend this place for breakfast with their specials. It was "Bear weekend" when we were there so I had the Bear Special breakfast like most of us did.

Ginger Albatross and I at breakfast.

After breakfast Tony and Jet and I played catch up and went to Sausalito with some appetizers and drinks. We didn't really care that it was just 3pm. We are such TROUBLES together anyways.

View from Sausalito.


I can't wait for my next trip to the Bay. This trip made me realize how much I miss the city. I would visit twice or three times a year but been slacking lately.


not using xoxo,
ChaCha

1 comment:

  1. what is there also exists a special university informatics?
    I want to study in san francisco

    http://galleryyogya-id.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete